- 1 10 Best Deer Hunting Knife Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 2 🥇[TOP 10] Best Deer Hunting Knife Reviews In 2021
- 2.1 1. Buck Special 119 – USA Made Best Hunting Knife
- 2.2 2. ESEE Knives 5P – Durable & Multiple Carrying Option
- 2.3 3. KA-BAR Becker Bk2 – Best Fixed Blade Hunting Knife
- 2.4 4. TAC Force TF-469 – Best Folding Hunting Knife
- 2.5 5. Morakniv Companion – Top-Rated & Available In Different Colors
- 2.6 6. MTech USA MT-086– Affordable Straight Blade Knife
- 2.7 7. Ontario Knife – Extra Large Hunting Knife
- 2.8 8. Gerber Bear Grylls – Extra Life Saving Features
- 2.9 9. Benchmade Griptilian 551 – Small Hunting Knife
- 2.10 10. Kershaw Clash– Folding Hunting Knife For Deer
- 3 Why should you purchase a hunting knife?
- 4 Which is a high-quality blade?
- 5 Conclusion
10 Best Deer Hunting Knife Reviews, Tips & Guides
If you have never owned any best deer-hunting knife when you hunt, I am afraid that you have lost the most wonderful experiences that hunting brings to you. As you may know, it is really hard to utilize other types of knives for hunting, so a hunting knife is a must-have in this situation. In this article, I will give you some useful information about the top 10 – the best deer hunting knives. Hopefully, after reading this article, you can find the answers to some questions such as which one is the best deer hunting knife for complete beginners or which knife is suitable for advanced hunters.
As you may know, high grade fixed and folding blade can support you in hunting and various other purposes such as camping. However, it would be better if you base on your preference to select a suitable blade. If what you are looking for is a knife serving field dressing well, your perfect choice should be a small gutting knife or skinning knife. If you are a complete beginner, I highly recommend a knife with a comfortable and lightweight handle for you. Hopefully, you can find your best deer hunting knife on list below.
🥇[TOP 10] Best Deer Hunting Knife Reviews In 2021
1. Buck Special 119 – USA Made Best Hunting Knife
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 6" Clip Point 420HC steel blade has excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance for lasting durability. The clip blade is good for piercing, detail work, and cutting in tight places
- COMFORTABLE GRIP & BALANCE - Traditional black phenolic handle has palm swells for a comfortable grip. The aluminum pommel/guard provide the perfect combination of beauty and balance. Overall length 10-1/2", Weighs 7.5 oz.
There are countless reasons why Buck Special 119 is one of the best deer hunting knives. Personally, I suppose that the most essential reason coming from its popularity. Most users, from complete beginners to advanced ones, choose Buck knives because of their outstanding quality. In addition, this manufacturer also provides loads of knife types.
The strength of this knife is to handle outdoor heavy jobs. Additionally, with a full-tang 6-inch blade along with the 10-1/2 inch length, this knife can support you in cutting anything.
Its perfect performance in terms of chopping and cutting comes from 420 HC premium steel, and thanks to this high-grade material, the rigidity of this item is strengthened massively. However, you should sharpen it by knife sharpening stones at times to maintain its sharpness. It is extremely suitable for skinning and hunting, so don’t hesitate to make a deal if hunting is your hobby or your job. Moreover, its attractive clip point shape will catch your attention.
When it comes to knives’ handles, this knife owns an ergonomic phenolic handle with black color. Besides that, the comfortable use is offered through the unique palm swell. By covering this knife with an aluminum guard, this product owns an appealing appearance and provides absolute safety as well. Furthermore, corrosion and rust will never be a problem for its blade. Its durability is also its highlighted feature.
As this item is equipped with a superior protective leather sheath with a fine snap fastener, it guarantees users the highest level of safety. If camping and hunting are activities you usually do in your spare time, this knife should be your best companion.
- Manufactured in the United States
- The blade is made of 420HC Steel
- Extremely suitable for heavy jobs
- Its handles have attractive design
- Protective leather sheaths are included
- Corrosion-proof and rustproof knives
- The price is quite high
- It is not lightweight
2. ESEE Knives 5P – Durable & Multiple Carrying Option
- Overall Length: 11.0 inches. Blade Length: 5.25 inches Thickness: .25 inches.
- Steel: 1095 Carbon, 55-57 Rc. Finish: Textured Powder Coat. Blade Width: 1.56 inches.
This item is one of the best hunting knives supplied by the famous knife brand – ESEE and the knife’s model is 5P Fixed Blade Knife w/Kydex. I consider this item one of the best choices as it has loads of highlighted features. Let’s have a look at what special things this knife can bring to you.
Besides using it for hunting, it enables you to utilize it for hiking or camping. Its 5.25 inches drop point blade formed from 1095 carbon steel is eye-catching. Furthermore, the hard use of this item is strengthened thanks to “Military SERE” instructors.
The edge of this item is extremely great. It can offer superior use for too long. Additionally, you will find it incredibly simple to sharpen. In terms of rust and corrosion, you will be worry-free as this knife is covered by a powder coat finish.
When it comes to the handle, this item offers you a Canvas Micarta handle that is extremely comfortable.
When you use this knife, it guarantees you complete safety. In comparison with other handles made of plastic or alternative materials, the Micarta is actually unmatched as the handle of this knife gives you a sense of comfort and a non-slip grip during your use.
A high polymer sheath is attached to this item to support it in carrying. Moreover, you can make use of this knife for other purposes, such as camping, emergency survival situations, huge hunting game preparation as it has a great blade.
Although its price is quite high, its qualities will not let you down. For example, it gives you an extraordinary design and perfect performance. Furthermore, this knife will make you proud of as it serves professional users well, so there is no doubt about its qualities.
- It is suitable for any use, even hard one
- The blade is really appealing
- A protective sheath is provided for a safety purpose
- Great grip is offered thanks to comfortable Micarta handle
- These are perfectly strong outdoor knives
The price is quite high
3. KA-BAR Becker Bk2 – Best Fixed Blade Hunting Knife
- Full tang heavy duty field knife suited for camping chores.
- Made in Olean New York, U.S.A
This item is an ideal choice for deer hunters, yet it is also one of the wisest options for campers or hikers when they are looking for a tool for chopping. To be more specific, it gives users a great tool for building shelters, camping or even wood processing.
It is extremely wonderful if you bring this versatile Ka-Bar fixed blade hunting knife by your side. By using it, you will realize how convenient it is in comparison with straight blade knives!
Not only does this knife become popular thanks to its attractive blade, but it is also noticeably rigid and lightweight. Furthermore, it is formed from 1905 CRO-VAN steel which is durable plain carbon steel, so you can sharpen it with ease.
You can witness a great performance of its edge even when you have not sharpened it for too long. Thanks to the high-grade fixed blade, this knife will never be broken during use just like a low-grade folding knife. The blade of this item runs through the handle as the full tang fixed blade BK2 is included.
If you prefer a short hunting blade, this knife is perfectly right for you as it consists of a 5.25-inch flat blade alongside an attractive 20-degree drop-point shape with KA-BAR official signature. In addition, I assure you that its black blade will leave a strong impression on you. This knife features a lightweight design, so it will give you a strong sense of comfort. Furthermore, as its handle fits perfectly any hands, you can use it with ease. In terms of safety, thanks to both finger protective guards, you will be completely safe when you cut or chop things.
A high-grade quality glass-filled nylon sheath is included for safe and convenient carrying. And you can reverse the knife left or right side thanks to the presence of the carrying belt loop. This knife is the greatest option if you consider yourself a hero of a hunting game.
Thanks to the eye appeal of its design and its durability, I think the knife is deserving of your attention. Furthermore, as the KA-BAR Becker Bk2 is one of the best deer hunting knives, you should make it serve you as a present for someone who loves hunting.
- Produced in U.S.A
- Particularly designed by Ethan Becker
- Heavy-duty job is served well and users can hold it with ease
- Perfectly sharp blade & aluminum guard
- Its black blade will catch users’ attention
- The price is quite high
4. TAC Force TF-469 – Best Folding Hunting Knife
- Spring assist folding knife offers rapid one-handed deployment, locks securely into place with liner lock
- Black straight edge stainless steel blade
Most users are really into using folding knives as they bring loads of impressive features. Not only is a folding hunting lightweight, but also portable. You can carry it with ease without any additional protective sheath.
These days, The TFTF-469 Gentleman’s Assisted Opening Folding Knife has become popular as its superior quality. And this item is a prominent product of the famous hunting brand.
There is a variety of types of this knife ranging from high quality to tactical and professional survival knives. Especially, not only does this item do a great job in hunting, but it is also a perfect assistant in rescue, first responders and rapid deployment by EMTs.
Some questions, such as “ Which one is the best deer hunting knife?” or “ Which one is suitable for a deer hunting competition?” will make you have headaches. You will not worry any longer as I strongly believe that this item will be the key to your problem. The TAC Force TF-469 Opening folding knife will satisfy you with its special features.
Being made of stainless steel, this knife with a 3-inch thick and 3-mm long black blade along with a superior thick edge offers great performance for skinning. Furthermore, this knife is equipped with a line lock, so it is really safe to use without any additional protective sheath. And just with one hand, the deployment can be done.
The eye-appeal of the knife comes from its classic design and an attractive brown Pakkawood handle. Thanks to this handle, the knife provides users with a wonderful grip and a sense of comfort when used. To avoid any unwanted injuries, this knife contains a good pocket clip
- Produced in the U.S.A
- The handle is brown Pakkawood with a luxurious design
- Handle contains a liner lock and pocket clip
- The attractive blade is made of stainless steel
- One of the best deer hunting knives at a reasonable price
- Thumb stud is not very good at times
5. Morakniv Companion – Top-Rated & Available In Different Colors
- Versatile fixed-blade outdoor knife with a 4. 1-inch hardened Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade is ideal for carving, food prep, and cutting tinder
- High-quality Swedish steel is razor sharp and exceptionally tough; stainless steel blade stays sharp longer than carbon steel, and is less prone to rust
This is a product of Moraknivm and it is designed particularly for outdoor use. Although its size is quite small, it can support you in doing anything, such as filleting, skinning, hunting and camping.
The great performance of this knife comes from its Swedish Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade with 4.1 inches in size. In comparison with a carbon steel blade, this knife lasts much longer.
This product is the best deer hunting knife when you have planned to take part in a hunting game as its 2.5 mm thin blade is ideal for skinning a small bird or deer. You will be worry-free about rust and corrosion when you make your knife clean with water and soap.
The eye-catching handle will provide you with a feeling of comfort when compared with a handle made of wood. A high-friction grip is also one of its highlight features. For the safety of users when carrying it, this knife contains a durable plastic sheath with various colors. Furthermore, a belt clip is also supplied to make carrying easier.
- Swedish Sandvik 12C27 Stainless Steel is the main material
- It is sharper than knives made of carbon blades
- Rustproof and corrosion-proof
- A handle with a nonslip grip gives users a comfortable use
- Color matching sheath is made of plastic and belt clip
- High-quality, affordable knives with a variety of colors
- Chopping wood is not suitable
6. MTech USA MT-086– Affordable Straight Blade Knife
- Fixed blade outdoor knife ideal for camping expeditions or survival training
- Black stainless steel blade with straight edge
This knife owns a big size and is a full tang as well, so it is right for a variety of jobs such as surviving, hunting or camping. You can also utilize it for cutting materials in your garage. Furthermore, I assure you that this knife is deserving of your money.
When it comes to its dimension, it is 12-1/4 inches long, while its blade is 7-inches long with 3mm thick. Thanks to forming from premium stainless steel, its straight black finished plain blade is really eye-catching and rigid.
This item supports you in cutting beautifully thanks to its extremely sharp and thin blade. However, to maintain its perfect performance in both indoor and outdoor use, you should sharpen it with a ceramic stone.
Thanks to a long ABS handle along with unique wing walk inserts, users can get a comfortable feeling when using this knife. Furthermore, with finger grooves, this knife has no a slip grip at any time. At the bottom of the handle, the manufacture equips it with a glass breaker.
- Stainless steel is the main material
- An attractive black finish plain blade
- ABS handle together with wing walk inserts
- The nylon sheath is black and it comes along with a small lanyard hole
- Comes at an affordable price
- Its handle is quite long, so it is not convenient.
7. Ontario Knife – Extra Large Hunting Knife
- Handle Material: Hardwood
- Blade Material: 1095 Carbon
This 7-inch hunting knife is much-loved by the majority of people as it is a product of a famous brand. Both hunters and campers fall in love with this product because of its origin and quality. It is manufactured in the USA and can cut and chop wood or bamboo with ease.
The 1095 carbon steel is its main material, so it helps users sharpen their knives without any difficulties. You should just use sharpening stones for sharpening this type of knife. Moreover, its eye-appeal is enhanced by a little Damascus style Zebra stripes on the blade.
This knife is a combination of a fixed blade and wooden handle, and they are connected securely by two brass screws. As it has not included a protective sheath, you should buy it if necessary. Besides that, you should utilize knife oil after using to make sure it always performs well and keep it rust-resistant as well.
- 1095 carbon steel is the core material
- Impressive heat treatment and you can sharpen it with ease
- Eye-catching Zebra stripes on the blade
- The handle is made of wood and comes with protective brass
- The protective sheath is not contained.
8. Gerber Bear Grylls – Extra Life Saving Features
- Partially serrated blade is made of high carbon stainless steel for excellent edge retention Stainless-steel pommel at the base of the handle is perfect for hammering Whistle on lanyard cord comes in handy in emergencies Rugged nylon sheath features a diamond sharpener, land-to-air rescue instructions and a flintlike ferrocerium fire-starter rod The Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate knife comes with the Priorities of Survival pocket guide containing Bear's survival essentials
This outstanding knife has a 10-inch overall length and just an 11.2-oz weight. This superior knife offers ½ serrated blade to handle ropes and fibrous materials. As it is formed from hard stainless steel along with a full-tang feature, it is suitable for heavy use and it is hard for this knife to be blunt.
The drop point shape of this knife is extremely attractive and the edge retention is expanded by the high-quality materials. Thanks to these features, this product should be one of the best deer hunting knives. With an eye-catching rubberized handle, this knife gives users the perfect grip and a sense of comfort as well during using it, even in a wet environment. This knife is provided along with an attractive and lightweight sheath made of nylon. At the end of the handle, it is equipped with a very rigid metal, you can make use of it to break nut just like a hammer.
The manufacture guarantees users superior durability thanks to its high-quality military-grade materials. And this product is mildew-proof as well, so its great performance will last for long. With Velcro closer, you will be worry-free about its safety. The instruction guide, own sharpener, and whistle are contained in the sheath.
If you do not want to use the sharpener of this knife and want to purchase an additional sharpener of Gerber, you should have a look at Gerber Bear Grylls Field Sharpener (31-001270). This knife is designed particularly for advanced hunters and travelers, so it is extremely portable, which means users can bring it by their side with ease.
- Produced by Gerber company and it has Grylls instruction
- The blade is really sharp and ½ of it is serrated
- Life-saving fire starter rod
- There are two holes for securely lashing on its handle
- The perfect grip and comfortable handle are offered
- A full-tang feature along with an attractive drop point shape
- It is not very safe as the knife thumb groove is quite close to the blade
9. Benchmade Griptilian 551 – Small Hunting Knife
- HIGH-QUALITY: The 154CM stainless steel blade is tough, rust-resistant, and holds an edge well. The glass-filled nylon handle is tough yet attractive, making it ideal for hard jobs and everyday carry.
- WELL-DESIGNED: Benchmade's AXIS lock is exceptionally strong and fully ambidextrous. The Griptilian 551 is a manual knife that can be opened and closed single-handedly.
This knife is perfectly ideal for using outdoors and hunting. In terms of its dimension, its blade is 3.45-inches coming along with an eye-catching drop point shape. In addition, this knife is impressively thin, just 0.115”. Furthermore, this product is formed from 154CM 58-61 HRC stainless steel which is rust and corrosion-proof.
When it comes to its handle, it is made of premium “Glass Filled Nylon” which is not quite rigid but lightweight. This knife offers a great balance as well thanks to its lightweight feature. Moreover, it is a user-friendly product, even for left-handed people as you can open it by just your thumb stud.
This knife owns a small lanyard hole to support in carrying, yet through reversible tip-clip, users can alter their carrying position without any difficulties. Furthermore, this product is completely suitable for outdoor use. This item is a perfect choice if your need is to skin a deer. If you are looking for an affordable knife with acceptable quality, this knife is a great bargain.
- Produced in the U.S.A
- It is extremely lightweight, just 3.88 ounces (110.00g)
- Glass-filled nylon handle is premium
- The eye-catching appearance comes along with a user-friendly Ambidextrous design
- High-grade 58-61 HRC Steel is the core material
- The size of the blade is quite small
10. Kershaw Clash– Folding Hunting Knife For Deer
- 3.1" 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade with black-oxide finish for excellent toughness, edge retention and wear resistance
- Textured Glass-filled nylon handle scales offer a solid grip with Gentle Contour and comfortable in-hand feel. Closed Length-4.25 inch
If you still wonder which is the best deer hunting knife at a reasonable price, this product should be your answer. Durability and portability are two of loads of its highlighted features. Furthermore, its lightweight and compact design makes its appearance more impressive.
This knife owns a 3.1-inch blade made of stainless steel and comes along with black-oxide finish, so this product is much-loved thanks to its superior durability and performance. Furthermore, its blade, including a serrated part, is incredibly sharp, which means that you can utilize this knife to handle all types of cords or fibrous materials.
In addition, this product is user-friendly for both right and left-handed customers. And the eye appeal of this knife will satisfy most customers, even awkward ones.
Thanks to a sturdy Black Glass-Filled handle made of nylon, this knife can give you a perfect grip and unmatched durability. Besides that, “SpeedSafe technology” by Kershaw is included to bring a high-grade locking system to this knife.
Thanks to reversible pocket clips, users can alter the carrying position with ease. If a tight budget is a thing you are worried about when wanting to buy a deer hunting knife, this item should be your top priority as it offers users a sturdy, durable and eye-catching product.
- Textured Glass-filled handle is made of nylon
- The price is affordable
- An attractive drop-point shape comes along with a super-sharp serrated blade
- Reversible pocket clips allow users to change the carrying position
- The knife is equipped with a secure locking system
- It is user-friendly for both right and left-handed users
- It is not suitable to handle heavy jobs
Why should you purchase a hunting knife?
As hunting has been one of the most favorite hobbies of men since they were little boys, it is worth the investment of hunting lovers. Furthermore, with the absence of hunting knives, it is really hard for hunters to derive joy entirely from their leisure pursuits as ordinary knives are unable to hunt and skin perfectly.
In addition, hunting knives come with many special features, such as superb sharpness, handiness and portability, and some items include unique gut hooks. However, a knife used just for hunting should be longer than the one used for skinning. Therefore, if you are really into convenience, you should choose a knife that helps you be able to skin and hunt at the same time. My recommendation is Buck 119 as it supports you beautifully in both skinning and hunting.
Which is a high-quality blade?
Have you ever asked yourself which the best type of blade for hunting is? My suggestion is that both fixed and folding knives can serve you incredibly well. However, in terms of strength, a fixed blade is superior, so it can handle most heavy jobs. But to a certain extent, a folding knife is more convenient for carrying as it requires no protective sheath.
Drop point and clip point/tanto are two types of blades, and they work perfectly well in terms of hunting. However, the clip point is much more prevalent than the other, perhaps because of its impressive performance. Furthermore, a clip point blade knife is an ideal one for deer skinning. The majority of hunting knives can cost users a serious budget, but personally, I think it is worth it to buy them as these are made of high-grade materials. It is true if I say that it is really hard for you to derive joy entirely from hunting without a perfect hunting knife.
If you consider hunting your favorite activity, and you are willing to invest in your hobby, I suppose that you should purchase a great hunting knife. Hopefully, my information has supported you in making your perfect choices. Most hunting knives are made of premium metal, so they can give you an impressive performance and superior durability. However, it would be better if you utilize oil on the blade of the knife to keep it always sharp. Remember to make it clean and dry right after that, and finally store it carefully. I truly believe that any type of the knives I mentioned above will please you perfectly.
You can view more on YOUTUBE VIDEO