- 1 10 Best Electric Knives Sharpener Reviews, Tips, And Buying Guides
- 2 🥇[TOP 10] Best Electric Knife Sharpener Reviews In 2021
- 2.1 1. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor – 3 Stage Best Knife Sharpener
- 2.2 2. Shenzhen Knives – 2-Stage Small Electric Knife Sharpener
- 2.3 3. Secura 2-Stage – Best Kitchen Knife Sharpener
- 2.4 4. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener, 2-stage
- 2.5 5. Sagler Electric Knife Sharpener
- 2.6 6. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- 2.7 7. PriorityChef Knife Sharpener For Straight and Serrated Knives
- 2.8 8. Chef’sChoice 250 Hone Hybrid Combines Electric and Manual Sharpening for Straight and Serrated Knives
- 2.9 9. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener, Red, 8.25-Inch
- 2.10 10. Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener – Easy Edge Sharpener for Kitchen Knives
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How To Choose The Best Electric Knife Sharpener
- 5 Conclusion
10 Best Electric Knives Sharpener Reviews, Tips, And Buying Guides
While knives are essential items in your kitchen, the best electric knife sharpener has a requisite place. You cannot sharpen your knives with safety and fast speed without the electronic knife sharpener. Once your knife is turning blunt, you have to make a stronger effect on handling ingredients, which can result in you being at risk of cutting yourself. Besides, having a sharp blade means many cooking tasks ranging from cutting, mincing and dicing will be easier than ever. So what is the point of having a blunt knife?
If you want to speed up the cooking process, a razor-sharp blade certainly can help you do so. However, that not does not mean that you have to buy a completely new set of knives. Simply sharpening the dull knife, then you will have a knife that is as good as the one you always use.
On the market, there are too far many electric knife sharpeners coming with different features, sizes, durability and performance at various price ranges. You may be concerned about spending a fortune on buying the best electric knife sharpener. However, with a closer look, you can easily find the best one at an affordable price.
And that is why we are here. We have compiled ten best electric knife sharpeners that can help you sharpen your knives with ease. Hopefully, after reading this article thoroughly, you can find the sharpener that can meet your needs.
🥇[TOP 10] Best Electric Knife Sharpener Reviews In 2021
1. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor – 3 Stage Best Knife Sharpener
- CONVERT YOUR KNIVES: Ideal for converting traditional 20-degree factory edges of household knives into high performance Trizor XV 15-degree edges
- DIAMONDS: Advanced stropping stage and 100 percent diamond abrasives for sharpening straight edge and serrated blades. Noise is between 65 dB and 75 dB
The 15 Trizor is listed as the best knife sharpener made by Chef’s Choice. Its 3-Stage (also known as ‘V-shaped’) Edgeselect sharpening system provides users with the optimal and flexible angle. Thanks to completely diamond abrasives built in Stages 1 and 2, you will have preliminary result. The third stage comes with a high-quality flexible abrasive gives you the final polish.
This best knife sharpener offers you great performance, making your knives even sharper than a new knife due to its 20-degree angle dedicated for conventional home use and the 15-degree one designed for sharpening. If time is what you are always concerned about, then this sharpener is your right choice, as it will give your knife excellent sharpness within very short time. How fast could it be? Surprisingly, after merely 5 or 7 times, you will have a razor-sharp blade.
Moreover, the product uses a technology called Trizor edge flawless ultra-sharp 15 and 20-degree XVsharpening for the best performance. When you sharpen your knives the first time, it may take about one minute to get the job done. However, for the next times, you only need approximately 10 seconds to sharpen your knives. Remember, you have to follow each step in the instruction carefully. Finally, this electric sharpener can handle all kinds of knives ranging from Japanese knives, European blades or simply ordinary ones.
- 2 stages with 100% diamond abrasives
- Handles both straight edge and serrated blades
- Built in excellent and super-sharp 15-degree XV sharpening technology
- Comes with 3-stage sharpening V-shaped slot
- Made in USA
- It is rather pricey
2. Shenzhen Knives – 2-Stage Small Electric Knife Sharpener
- Diamond Grinding Stone with two settings (Coarse - #600 grit and Fine - #800 grit) designed to sharpen ceramic and stainless steel kitchen knives
- High powered, plug-in, eletric diamond grinding wheel can grind chips of up to 1mm off of ceramic blades
If your knives are made of stainless steel or ceramic, then this best electric knife sharpener from Shenzhen is definitely for you. To begin with, the price of this product is very appealing to those who have tight budget. But that does not mean the product is low quality. On the contrary, it comes with many outstanding features while asking for very small space in your kitchen.
There are two stages in this product, both of which have Diamond Grinding Stone with two settings – Fine#800 grit and Coarse #600 grit. Thanks to Diamond sharpening stone built in the sharpener, it can make your dull knives as sharp as those made from factories.
The sharpener slot handles the job of grinding the deflected edges. The user can simply put the knife through the slot with little pressure. The other slot is in charge of smoothing and polishing so that you can have a razor-sharp and shining knife after sharpening. Being compact and user-friendly, the knife is undoubtedly a choice for home use.
Furthermore, the sharpener is operated using battery, so you do not have to worry if you can carry the device around the house. While the product seems small, it can sharpen all kinds of knives made of ceramic and stainless steel.
- Two slots make sure flawless sharpening
- Can work with battery, so you can carry the sharpener around the house
- Comes at a reasonable price
- The device can sharpen even the blade of 1mm thickness
- A great device to learn how to sharpen a knife
- Ideal for blades made of ceramic and stainless steel
- Not a right choice for commercial use
3. Secura 2-Stage – Best Kitchen Knife Sharpener
- Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most non-serrated blades for professional results
- Stage 1: Sharpens & rejuvenates the edge and reshapes the angle
If you are thinking of a budget-friendly electric knife sharpener, look no further. Here we have the solution for you. This best electric knife sharpener from Secura does not only help you save electricity but it also comes at a moderate price. It can also be used for both home and professional use. If you are a starter, then it is also very suitable for you.
The first stage of the sharpener is responsible for sharpening the edge and reshaping the blade angle while the second stage helps polish the blade and make it brighter just like a new one. When it comes to the power use, the device can work well on only 120 volts, which is very efficient. Moreover, it can sharpen all non-serrated knives automatically. So if you are wondering how to deal with knives for cutting meat and vegetables, here is the answer. Finally, the price of this best electric knife sharpener is very appealing, which can meet the tight budget of many families.
- Top-rated automatic knife sharpener
- The most budget-friendly device
- Comes with an excellent and quick sharpening process
- Takes up too little space
- Can be stored with ease
- Comes with the suction cups for ensuring stability
- Designed for only non-serrated kitchen knives
4. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener, 2-stage
- The product is electric knife sharpener
- Easy to use
Sometimes what we do need is a simple electric knife sharpener that can deal with the very basic problem: sharpening our knives perfectly. That is why Presto 0880 EverSharp Sharpener is introduced in this list. It can handle nearly every kind of straight knives ranging from kitchen to sports knives.
The best electric knife sharpener comes with a 2-stage sharpening system. The first stage is in charge of sharpening dull knives so that your knives can slice and chop food with ease. Just like many 2-stage sharpeners, this device also has the second stage with the similar function: it smooths the edge and polish it. After using this device for your knives, the knives are more durable and stronger. Moreover, the rotating Sapphirite sharpening wheels help the sharpener to do the job professionally.
The electric knife sharpener is very user-friendly so anyone can learn how to use it quickly and get the best result even for the first time. While it is top-rated and durable, it comes at a very affordable price. So what are you waiting for? This perfect device is surely an excellent assistant in your kitchen.
- Comes at affordable price
- Made in China
- Provides users with flawless sharpening within short time
- Stylish appearance
- It cannot handle serrated knives
5. Sagler Electric Knife Sharpener
- price is a limited time offer, and this is 100% satisfaction guarantee
- best knife sharpener
The next best electric knife sharpener in this list is the one from Sagler. It comes with many outstanding features that you cannot ignore. First of all, this knife can handle all straightedge knives. You can get your dull knives sharpened within seconds, and then they can work just well as a new knife.
In addition to the fast result, the sharpener also offers the best performance, which means your knives will slice ingredients very smoothly. Moreover, the effect is long lasting, so you do not have to sharpen your cutting tools very often. With the two-stage sharpening system, the product can handle non-serrated knives and you will be amazed at the level of professionalism the sharpener can bring to you.
The super-hard Sapphirite coated sharpening wheels of this best electric knife sharpener provide users with razor-sharp edge so that they can cut and slice food with minimum effort. If you are not a fan of bulky devices, then this small sharpener is definitely what you need.
- Comes with super-hard Sapphirite coated sharpening wheels
- High-grade quality
- Has an attractive look
- Made of stainless steel
- Lightweight and portable
- Not an ideal choice serrated knives
6. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- Sharpen every knife you own like a pro quickly, easily and with repeatable, consistent results. Creates the sharpest blades you've ever had!
- Easily Replaceable Abrasive Grit Belts. Comes with premium abrasive belts to meet all your sharpening needs: Coarse (P80), Medium (P220) and Fine (6000). Abrasive belts won't burn or damage blade steel during sharpening.
What do think about a device that can handle both knives and tools? This versatile sharpener can handle many kinds of tools including shovels, scissors, axes and other indoor and outdoor tools. When it comes to knives, the sharpener can work well with all kinds of knives, even the ones that normal devices fail to handle. Thanks to abrasive belts, that device can make your edges as sharp as that of a new knife. The belts are replaceable with many grits including Fine (6000), Coarse (P80) and Medium (P220). While the coarse belt is designed for heavy-duty sharpening jobs, the medium belt is responsible for general sharpening. Finally, the fine belt serves the final step in the process of sharpening so that your knife or tool can be sharp like those handled by factories.
The sharpener also comes with an angle guide, providing you with fast and effective sharpening results. Remember that you should adjust a 40-degree angle for home knives and a 50-degree angle for outdoor tools. Despite the bulky appearance, the sharpener is in fact lightweight. Therefore, you can carry it around without worrying about the weight. With so many outstanding features, this best electric knife sharpener is undoubtedly a right choice for both home and outdoor uses.
- Uses excellent abrasive belt technology
- Able to sharpen all kinds of knives and tools
- The sharpening process is fast and easy
- Equipped with angle guides
- Suitable for starters
7. PriorityChef Knife Sharpener For Straight and Serrated Knives
- THE PROFESSIONAL CHEF’S PREFERRED CHOICE. Forget the other sharpeners. If you’re looking for a high-quality, reliable sharpening tool, this is the best system in the market today. This product will keep any straight edge steel knives constantly sharp. Your kitchen shouldn’t be without it!
- STYLISH, ERGONOMIC DESIGN AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. With its 2-stage sharpening system, you can polish your blades to razor-sharpness. This product is also designed for comfort. The non-slip cushion at its bottom offers a more vibrator base while its ergonomic handle provides a comfortable, easy grip. It’s the perfect complement in most kitchens!
The next item is ideal for those who have straight and serrated knives. This PriorityChef Knife Sharpener is designed with two-stage sharpening wheels, which makes it different from other 3-stage devices on the market.
The sharpener is user-friendly, so it will not let you down. Surprisingly, you do not have to spend a hundred bucks on new blade sets once you have this sharpener. Not to mention, the item comes at a reasonable price that those who have a tight budget can easily have one for their kitchen.
The first stage is responsible for restoring the knife blade angle, and the second sharpening ceramic wheel is used to polish the knife. As the first stage is made of diamond, which is the perfect material for sharpening, you can rest assured that the sharpener is ideal for handling your knife’s blade. Moreover, the second stage is made of ceramic, so the blade will be polished well, ensuring flawless slicing.
When it comes to the handle, it is ergonomic and easy to use. The item is equipped with non-slip cushion at the bottom of the sharpener, giving users a firm grip. Finally, this best electric knife sharpener does not take up too much space, saving your kitchen space for other useful devices.
- Comes with non-slip cushion at the bottom of the sharpener
- User-friendly and versatile
- Comes at a very reasonable price
- High-quality knife sharpener
- Wheels made of diamond and ceramic to ensure fast sharpening
- Famous for lightness and compactness
- Ideal for straight and serrated knives
- Suitable for kitchen knives only
8. Chef’sChoice 250 Hone Hybrid Combines Electric and Manual Sharpening for Straight and Serrated Knives
- Razor sharp edges with advanced 3 stage hybrid technology, combining electric and manual sharpening
- For sharpening straight and serrated knives; kitchen and household knives, sporting knives and pocket knives
This user-friendly sharpener uses 3-stage sharpening and advanced hybrid technology solely from Chef’sChoice. It has abrasives made of 100% diamond, enabling users to have an ultra-sharp, arch shaped edge with 2 stages including electric and manual ones.
The reason why this Chef’sChoice device is considered one of the best electric knife sharpeners lies in the types of knives it can handle. With this sharpener, you can rest assured to sharpen high-grade knives ranging from fine edge, serrated, kitchen to household knives. Not to mention, the sharpener can work well with sports and pocketknives. Regarding the first and second stages, they are electric and made of 100-percent diamond abrasives so that your two edge bevels can be shaped and sharpened well. The third stage polishes and hones the third bevel.
With this best knife sharpener, you do not have to worry about your knives any more. After being handled, your knife will restore its sharpness, strength and durability. Moreover, it is even better than a new knife. Another outstanding feature of the sharpener is that it is the manual stage. Therefore, you can use the device anytime or anywhere you would like without thinking about power. The device is also suitable for serrated edges. Finally, the product is backed by one-year limited warranty.
- Made of 100% diamond abrasives
- Deals with many kinds of knives ranging from high-quality ones to ordinary ones.
- Ideal for serrated edges
- Built in advanced hybrid technology
- The device goes on 120 volts
9. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener, Red, 8.25-Inch
- SHARPEN IN THE CONVENIENCE OF YOUR HOME: This two stage sharpener quickly and easily sharpens almost any fine edge blade for professional results in the convenience of your home
- SHARPEN AT THE PERFECT ANGLE: The slot angles position the knife at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
When it comes to speed, this electric knife sharpener from EdgeKeeper is unsurpassed. It can give you a fine-edge knife within only some seconds. Besides, the device is compact and efficient thanks to a state-of-the-art two-stage process. The blade guides work effectively to position the knife at the perfect sharpening angle, so you can achieve the best results with this device. Moreover, the device comes with a detachable magnet that can catch all metal pieces, and thus you can maintain and clean the sharpener with ease.
The electric knife sharpener is compact and user-friendly. Coming with diamond coated sharpening wheels, the device is believed to be perfect for nearly every American or European style kitchen knives that are made of carbon steel or stainless steel. However, you should not use it for sporting knives, serrated knives, ceramic knives, electric knives or scissors.
With regard to cleaning the best electric knife sharpener, you can rest assured that the device can be thoroughly cleaned simply by wiping with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers on the sharpener regardless of the parts. Besides, you should not soak the device in water or any liquid. As for the removable magnet, you should open the panel placed on the bottom of the device and wipe it with a damp cloth on a periodic basis.
- Comes with a detachable magnet to catch metal pieces left
- Non-slip Silicone Feet
- Compact and user-friendly
- Enduring and easy to clean
- Some customers say that the device provides users with only basic functions
10. Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener – Easy Edge Sharpener for Kitchen Knives
- Simple one-touch pre-programmed controls guide you through 3 sharpening stages without the guesswork
- Use the Shape button if your knife is very dull or has damage to repair
One more high-quality electric knife sharpener listed in this article is Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener. This wonderful device comes with many outstanding features that you cannot ignore. To begin with, the electric high-grade knife sharpener is designed for home use. It uses Precision Edge Technology, which promises to provide users with perfect razor-sharp edges.
There are three speeds built in the device so that you can easily choose the speed option that meets your need most. Moreover, this sharpener can help you feel you worry-free thanks to the internal vacuum system to catch metal shavings. The three belts namely P120, X30 and X4 boast about their intelligent timing system, meaning that you can have the best sharpening. Not only does this best electric knife sharpener handle straight edge blades, but it is also perfect got serrated knives.
The device comes with straightforward one-touch pre-programmed controls that enable you to go through the sharpening stages comfortably without worrying about how to process. Finally, as this sharpener is backed by a three-year warranty, you can totally trust its high quality.
- Comes with three speed settings
- Mainly for home use
- Built in one-touch pre-programmed controls
- Backed by a three-year warranty
- Suitable for straight edges and serrated knives
- Some people complain that the device is over programmed
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes Electric Knife Sharpeners Better Than Others?
Some may doubt if electric knife sharpeners are a better option compared to ordinary sharpeners as they come at a little higher price. However, if you look closely at what electric knife sharpeners can bring to you, you may think buying them is worth the investment. Here are some main benefits of the electric sharpeners
- Time-saving: Firstly, an electric sharpener works on power motor and abrasives belt, which means you can guide the blade through the sharpening slot with ease without worrying about adjusting sharpening angle manually.
- No Need For Prior Knowledge: For a sharpening rod or steel, it its necessary to learn a bit about how to work with it so that you can fix the blade to the right angle. However, as for an electric one, you can rest assured that it can automatically sharpen your knives at the right angle. So even if you are a beginner, you can simply handle the job effortlessly.
- Knives Will Not Be Damaged: If you buy pricey Japanese or European style blades which need special care, an electric knife sharpener is the best choice when it comes to sharpening these precious blades. The device comes with diamond abrasives and ceramic polishing wheel, making sure your blades have the best sharpness and cleanness.
- Your Own Safety: A manual sharpener may pose you at risk as you have to hold the handle of the knives carefully during the sharpening process. Nevertheless, if you choose an electric sharpener, you do not have to worry about this issue any more as it is built with mechanism already.
- Appropriate To Many Types of Knives: While ordinary sharpeners tend to deal with only kitchen and hunting knives, electric ones can work well with almost all kinds of knives including serrated knives, butcher knives, pairing knives, fillet knives, boning knives, Japanese knives, hunting knives, pocket knives and the list still goes on. Therefore, for cooks who have many kinds of knives, an electric knife sharpener is a better option.
How Often Should You Sharpen Your Knife?
This is a tricky question. The frequency of sharpening a knife depends on how regularly you use it, what style it is and what material it is made of. As people use a knife for different purposes ranging from mincing, dicing, chopping to cutting frozen meat, you should consider all the factors to find the exact time to sharpen your knife.
Admittedly, sharpening stones are a good way to sharpen all kinds of indoor and outdoor kitchens. However, the process is quite time-consuming and dangerous. In contrast, an electric sharpener can make sure you have a razor-sharp blade just in minutes. Moreover, you do not have to sharpen on a regular basis. If you chop plenty of vegetables quite often, then you may need to sharpen your knife at least one time a week.
How To Choose The Best Electric Knife Sharpener
There are some factors as to safety and convenience that you should take into account before making the final decision on buying an electric knife sharpener. Not to mention, budget is also very important. So let see what you should take into consideration to make the wide decision.
Electric sharpeners usually come with two or three stages to handle kitchen and outdoor knives. While two-stage sharpeners provide less precision compared to three-stage ones, they have quite similar performance and come at a more affordable price. If you simply need a sharpener for your home kitchen, a two-stage one is adequate. However, if you are a professional, you should go for three-stage sharpener as it have many slots for many functions including coursing, honing and polishing.
Electric sharpeners usually come with diamond abrasives or Sapphirite sharpening wheels, providing users with shiny and razor-sharp blades. Moreover, diamond abrasives are the hardest among substances, so the sharpener can turn your dull knife into an ultra-sharp one within minutes. Sapphirite sharpening wheels are also a hard material, but they tend to appear with two-stage sharpeners, which means that the price is more appealing. So if you are on a tight budget, you can consider those with Sapphirite wheels.
For those who start to sharpen their knives, angle guide is the top priority. It does not mean that professional cooks do not have to pay attention to measure the right angle to sharpen their blade, though. With an electric knife sharpener, you can feel less stressed when looking for the right angle, even if you just do it the first time. It uses advanced technology that can help you find the right angle immediately once used.
If you only use knives for your own kitchen, then this factor is not very important. However, if you tend to use many kinds of knives, versatility is the key factor in choosing the best electric knife sharpener. Remember that a more versatile sharpener may cost you more than a simple one, so you should think carefully how many functions you would like your device to have.
In general, electric knife sharpeners are not lightweight due to their motor, grinding stone and high-grade materials. However, if you need a portable sharpener, go for one that runs on battery so that you can comfortably sharpen your knives outdoors.
Every kitchen needs good knives to prepare delicious meals. But when your knives turn dull, it is hard to continue your cooking jobs. Some may think of buying a new set of knives, which is rather costly. Instead, an electric knife sharpener is good enough to restore your knives’ sharpness and durability. It is safer than its manual counterpart and helps you save more time so that you can handle many tasks in the kitchen faster and more effectively.
With so many products available on the market, it is really challenging to find the best electric knife sharpener. Undoubtedly, you do not waste your money trying using a poor quality sharpener. Therefore, with our detailed analysis above, we hope that you now have a wider view on what kind of sharpener you should go for and make the best decision.
You can view more on YOUTUBE VIDEO
Read more – Bukowskitavern’s Knife Collection :