6 Best Microwave Convection Ovens Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 1 6 Best Microwave Convection Ovens Reviews, Tips & Guides
- 2 6 Best Convection Microwave Ovens Reviews in 2021
- 2.1 1. Panasonic NN-GN68K Countertop Microwave Oven with FlashXpress, 2-in-1 Broiler, Food Warmer, Plus Genius Sensor Cooking
- 2.2 2. Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven, 1.5Cu.ft, Black Stainless Steel
- 2.3 3. AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7Cu ft., 700W, Works with Alexa
- 2.4 4. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
- 2.5 5. F.Blumlein Steam Convection Oven Countertop 34 Qt – 10 Modes with 24 Item Preset Menu and 10 DIY Recipe Slots – Extra Large Size for Entire Family
- 2.6 6. De’Longhi DeLonghi EO241250M Pressure Rice Cooker, 19 x 17.5 x 12 inches, Stainless Steel
- 3 Microwave Convection Oven Buying Guide – Factors that you should take into account
- 4 General facts about microwave convection ovens that can explain why they are more beneficial than its conventional counterpart is.
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions about Microwave Convection Ovens
- 6 Conclusion
Some might think that there are no differences between a microwave convection oven and a traditional one, but they are far from the truth. The convection oven has its spectacular benefits that a modern user should not underestimate.
Editor’s Quick Picks
Are you too busy to read all best microwave convection oven listed in this article? Do not worry. Here are three microwave convection ovens that we have picked for you.
Panasonic NN-GN68K Countertop Microwave Oven with FlashXpress, 2-in-1 Broiler, Food Warmer, Plus Genius Sensor Cooking
Having a spotless appearance and a fashionable design, the best microwave convection oven from Panasonic is surely a perfect addition to your kitchen. Not to mention, the price of the oven is very affordable. There is no doubt you have made the right decision on purchasing this oven.
Customer’s Favorite Pick:
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave oven with Convection
Coming with state-of-the-art qualities that provide users with the optimal convenience and cooking experience, this Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Convection Oven is undoubtedly the right choice for those who seek the best experience at this price range
AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa
Despite its small design, the best microwave convection oven from AmazonBasics is a wise choice for single cooks who are looking for a high-quality yet moderately-priced microwave convection oven, especially those who look to have quick meals.
Besides, the oven is packed with Alexa Voice Control function, which is a great addition to modern kitchens equipped with smart appliances.
Top Microwave Brands in the Today’s Market
If you are thinking of buying the best microwave convection oven, there are three brands that you should take into account first. The reason is that these brands have worldwide reputation for microwave ovens. Once you buy a convection oven from them, you will not regret. Here are some detailed information about the brands so that you can have the best decision.
Panasonic: Best microwave convection ovens from Panasonic are always packed with state-of-the-art features that will never let customers down. Not to mention, there is a wide range of sizes and designs for your consideration. Finally, the manufacturer offers many price options so that people with different budget options can buy the best oven for their kitchen.
Toshiba: With an extensive range of choices in terms of price and model, Toshiba is definitely a strong competitor in the market. If you keen on reasonable, user-friendly and enduring ovens, you must put Toshiba in the list of consideration.
Cuisinart: The brand Cuisinart if famous for its wide selection of products ranging from cutlery to kitchenware. Not only do its products always come in the best quality but they also have stunning appearance. Choosing a Cuisinart oven, you can have the sleekest kitchen ever.
6 Best Convection Microwave Ovens Reviews in 2021
For readers who have time to read the entire article before making their final decision, here are our top 10 best microwave convection ovens that are highly competitive in the today’s market. The selection is based on customer feedback, key functions and detailed advantages and disadvantages.
Following the list of top 10 best microwave convection ovens, we have some facts about microwave convection ovens, buying guide and some frequently asked questions so that you can understand this type of product better and make the right choice. Let us start our journey.
1. Panasonic NN-GN68K Countertop Microwave Oven with FlashXpress, 2-in-1 Broiler, Food Warmer, Plus Genius Sensor Cooking
- Comes in huge capacity (1.2 Cubic Ft.)
- Energy use: 1000 Watts
- Built in Inverter Technology that can provide a constant stream of power at every temperature evenly cooking process
- Comes with Genius sensor cooking, which adjusts times and power according to the type of the food
- Keep Warm and Advanced Turbo Defrost features are included
Design: Inverter | Power: 1000 Watts | Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.8 x 20.7 x 12.2 inches
To begin with, this best microwave convection oven from Panasonic – one of the most well-known oven brands in the world – comes in a fashionable Stainless Steel door and exterior design. This product can be a great addition to your kitchen whether your stay in a house, flat or condominium.
With its capacity of 1.1 Cubic ft. and 13.4-inch Turntable, the appliance enables users to heat and cook all kinds of food including breakfast dishes, after-school snacks, dinner meals, appetizers and the list still goes on. That is why it is the perfect choice for bachelors or bachelorettes, professionals or busy families. Built in patented Inverter Technology, the oven has a constant stream of power evenly regardless of the temperature.
There are 18 Preset menu items for you to cook your desired foods. The options are varied ranging from popcorn, pasta, soup, oatmeal, pizza and other delicious meals. Finally, as the oven comes in a design of minimum countertop one, space is devoted to electronics. It also means the oven has an interior as large as holding a casserole dish and a fashionable exterior to brighten your kitchen.
Produced by one of the most famous brands, the Panasonic microwave convection oven is equipped with many outstanding features and provides users with many cooking options. It is undoubtedly a perfect addition to your home.
- Easy to use and operate
- Suitable for both newbies and advanced cooks
- Advanced microwaves features that make it prominent in the market
- Comes in fashionable and state-of-the-art design, a perfect addition to any kitchen
- Offers a wide range of cooking options to suit all kinds of recipes.
- As the oven is rather big, you should consider whether your kitchen is large enough for it.
2. Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven, 1.5Cu.ft, Black Stainless Steel
- Impressive capacity (1.5 Cubic Ft.)
- Energy use: 1000 Watts
- A combination of traditional microwave and convection functions
- Comes with pre-programmed sensor menu for the best cooking result
- Built-in sound on/off function
- Other remarkable features include power-saving eco mode and child safety lock
Color: Black Stainless Steel | Control: Keypad, buttons | Power: 1000 Watts | Dimensions (W x D x H): 21.8 x 21.5 x 13.0 inches
EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven has many stunning features that consumers cannot ignore. First of all, the appliance offers both conventional and convection functionalities. Moreover, it comes with 4 auto bake menus and 4 auto roast menus, enabling you to try different dishes.
In terms of the auto bake menus, it goes well with frozen pizza, muffins, biscuit or bread stick and frozen French fries. As for auto roast menus, the oven can handle beef, whole chicken, turkey breasts and pork. Not to mention, with the microwave feature, you can easily reheat, bake or grill food.
The best microwave oven is packed with smart sensor that can continuously detect the humidity level of the food and thus adjust time and temperature accordingly. If you do not like the buzzer of the oven, you can simply press and hold the button ‘’8’’ on the keypad for about 3 to 5 seconds.
Then the buzzer is automatically turned off after a long beep. As for the stainless steel cavity, since it is made of an enduring material, you can rest assured that the appliance is scratchproof and rustproof. You do not have to worry about cleaning the product. Just use a damp cloth and wipe the interior of the appliance.
Finally, the best microwave convection oven comes with an energy-saving Eco Mode that can reduce 50% standby power. Therefore, you can save energy consumption as well as operating cost. Not to mention, our planet is well protected.
For those who are environmentally conscious, this microwave convection oven from Toshiba is the perfect choice. It comes with a special feature that helps minimize power consumption up to 50%. Moreover, it makes sure you have a peaceful and quiet environment thanks to its buzzer switching off function.
While the appliance has so many things to offer, it comes at a surprisingly reasonable price. Therefore, we cannot find any reasons to say no to it.
- Versatile with 13 auto menus
- Environmentally friendly. It helps to reduce 50% standby power
- Comes with smart sensor that can adjust the temperature and time according to the humidity level of the food
- Packed with sound on/off function, which means you can turn off the buzzer sound
- Made of enduring stainless steel, resulting in being rustproof
- Defrost might take longer than other products in the market
- Some preset cooking options are not really precise
3. AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7Cu ft., 700W, Works with Alexa
- Capacity: 0.7Cu ft.
- Energy use: 700 Watts
- Works with Alexa App which is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices.
- There are 10 power levels
- Perfect for defrosting vegetables, making popcorn and reheating food.
Energy use: 700 Watts | Ask Alexa button | Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.3 x 10.1 x 14.1 inches | Warranty: 1-year warranty and service, extended warranty available
To start with, if you are fed up with defrosting vegetables or you are a popcorn enthusiast, then this microwave oven definitely meets your needs. This device can work well with Alexa. So imagine you say “Alexa, reheat a cup of milk’’, then Alexa will begin to reheat with proper power and settings.
This simple function can be operated thanks to an Echo device. However, remember that this Echo device is not included in the package, so you have to buy it if you would like to make use of the function. The oven also comes with quick-cook presets so that you do not have to guess times or heat levels when defrosting vegetables or heating food.
Ask Alexa button is another special feature. When you press this button, you can say the cook time you want. For instance, when saying ‘’3 minutes’’ or ‘’frozen vegetables’’, the appliance will work just like you say. Nevertheless, FireTV, Fire Tablets, Echo Look and Amazon Tap devices do not work with this button.
For popcorn enthusiasts, this device automatically reorders popcorn when you are about to run out of popcorn. Besides, it will also help you save 10% on popcorn orders. This function is due to advanced Amazon Dash Replenishment technology.
Some other outstanding features of this microwave convection oven include 10 power levels, a kitchen timer, a child safety lock, a turntable and compact size. For those who need a compact oven for their small but cozy kitchen, this oven is undeniably a smart choice.
If you are looking for an appliance that can reheat and defrost your food or ready-made meals, this AmazonBasics microwave convection oven is a great choice. However, this product is only suitable for light cooking because it is rather small.
- Compact design which can help you save space
- Alexa app built in the device
- Perfect choice for popcorn lovers thanks to Amazon Dash Replenishment technology
- Comes with Ask Alexa button
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Because of the small size, the device might be too small for your plates
4. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
- Capacity: 1.2Cu ft.
- Energy use: 1000 Watts
- Comes with two defrost functions to defrost food by weight or time
- Stainless steel interior makes sure no odors inside
- A rotating 12-inch glass tray is included
Energy use: 1000 Watts | Display: Touchpad Controls w/LCD | Dimensions: 20.4 x 18.9 x 12.4 inches |
This CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven and Grill is considered one of the best microwave convection ovens due to many outstanding features. Firstly, its size, style and smart functions are an optimal combination, creating a must-have item in your kitchen.
With its cooking settings and other brilliant features, the appliance makes sure your ordinary meals become dishes by a chef.
When it comes to the appearance of the oven, its brushed stainless steel with the Cuisinart logo and dark tinted glass window create a sleek and modern design. Thanks to the interior made of stainless steel, there are no odors lingering inside. Besides, you can easily clean the interior.
There are nine preset options so that you can make a number of dishes ranging from popcorn, potato, beverage, reheat to cake. So you think that you only have a machine, but in fact, you have a versatile assistant in the kitchen that can make your hungry stomach soon feel satisfied.
Moreover, other 8 function buttons that can meet all your cooking needs, for example, Keep Warm, Defrost, Grill and Convection Fast bake.
Built in a state-of-the-art technology Multi Stage Cooking Option, the appliance enables users to program it to shift functions automatically. So if you would like to defrost casserole for 10 minutes, bake it with microwave at the highest power for 5 minutes and grill it for 1 minute, you can simply set all these functions and then let the device handle everything for you.
As for defrosting, there are two options: you can defrost food either by weight or by time. Therefore, the result is more satisfactory compared with a normal oven. Finally, the function of convection baking allows you to roast or bake with and without microwave function.
The microwave convection oven comes with many outstanding features. However, as it can get hot when rotating, it is highly recommended your children stay away from the oven. This problem can be solved with proper care. You should take careful consideration before making the final decision.
- Versatile with nine preset options and eight cooking functions, making sure you cook all kinds of recipes
- User-friendly, you can simply read the button and choose the function you want with ease
- LCD touchpad control
- Sleek design
- Instruction and recipe book are included in the package
- The glossy finish needs to be wiped regularly to avoid fingerprints
- The surface can get hot, which is dangerous if children are around
- You may have to spend more time cooking than an ordinary oven with the same power use.
5. F.Blumlein Steam Convection Oven Countertop 34 Qt – 10 Modes with 24 Item Preset Menu and 10 DIY Recipe Slots – Extra Large Size for Entire Family
- Impressive Capacity: 1.1Cu ft.
- Energy use: 1550 Watts
- Built-in technology that allows heat to be circulated faster
- Big water tank of 37.2 ounces
- Comes with one-touch display
Capacity: 1.1Cu Ft. | Energy use: 1550 Watts | Color: Matte Black and Stainless Steel | Dimensions: 21.9 x 15.9 x 17.9 inches
This best microwave convection oven from F.Blumlein is a surprising product as it is like a ten-in-one item. You can use the device for many purposes including steam, steam at a high temperature, grill, convection oven, combination of steam, grill and convection, fermentation and sterilization.
Not to mention, the appliance, surely has preheat and defrost modes. Therefore, this oven can help you much space and cooking becomes the most pleasant experience ever.
The appliance has impressive capacity of 1.1Cu ft. which is adequate for a full-course meal with very little time. If you want to cook turkey, the appliance can handle turkey as heavy as 18 pounds. For those who are keen on pizza, a 12-inch pizza can easily made by this oven.
When it comes to the time you need for cooking by this device, you will be amazed how much time you can save. As the heat is circulated at a faster speed compared to the conventional oven, preheating and cooking times will be greatly reduced.
The oven is also easy to use. While the outer panels made of stainless steel are safe to touch, the glass oven with three layers make sure you can see what is going on inside. Child safety function is another good point worth mentioning. Once you activate the child lock, your children cannot open the door, preventing them from burning themselves.
For those who would like to have an all-in-one appliance in your kitchen, this microwave convection oven is definitely a perfect addition. However, as this appliance take up space, those who lack room may have to consider carefully before making the final decision.
- Big water tank allows users to steam longer than conventional ovens by 180 minutes
- Comes in one-touch display that can recognize your touch even when your hands are wet
- Large capacity, enabling you to prepare a full-course meal
- Cooks food faster than traditional ovens
- Not a good choice for small-space homes
6. De’Longhi DeLonghi EO241250M Pressure Rice Cooker, 19 x 17.5 x 12 inches, Stainless Steel
- Impressive Capacity: 24L.
- Made of Stainless Steel
- Makes the cooking process 40% faster and more evenly
- Less time and energy consumption compared to full-size convection ovens
- Eight preset programs
Capacity: 24L | Color: Stainless Steel | Dimensions: 19 x 17.5 x 12 inches
This microwave convection oven is the only oven with European Convection, enabling users cook faster and more evenly than conventional ones by 40%. Moreover, thanks to the heat lock system, the temperature is kept inside the oven, yet heat released off the glass door is reduced by a half.
One more thing to prove that this appliance is environmentally friendly is that it takes less time to preheat than normal ones by more than a half, so you save time and energy.
There are four adjustable cooking levels. You can cook with 2 levels at the same time thanks to the rack assist guide. Besides, eight preset settings include good cooking options, namely Toast, Bake, Convection, Broil/Grill, Keep Warm, Cookies, and Pizza.
So you can cook full-course meals for your family. With the internal light, you can peek into your dishes. When it comes to cleaning the appliance, you can easily clean it because it comes with removable crumb tray and non-stick interior made of stainless steel.
With a spacious yet compact interior, the microwave convection oven from De’Longhi allows users to cook many types of meals. However, with this size, you should not expect the appliance to cook food extremely fast. For those who are environmentally conscious, this oven with true European design can fulfill the meet of lowering energy consumption.
- Compact yet roomy
- Distributes heat evenly, making the food perfectly cooked
- State-of-the-art technology enables users to enjoy optimal convenience.
- Some customers complain about warranty service.
Microwave Convection Oven Buying Guide – Factors that you should take into account
Now we believe you have some knowledge of microwave convection ovens and some famous brands in the market. It is important to learn more about the factors that you should pay attention to when it comes to buying a microwave convection oven so that you can avoid being lured by advertisements of convection ovens.
1. Microwave Oven Design
To begin with, let’s talk about the design. For sure, you would like to have an oven that can be placed nicely in your kitchen. If you buy a large oven, make sure your kitchen is large enough for it. Otherwise, it would look quite cramped.
2. Microwave Wattage
When it comes to the power use, 1000 Watts is the standard. While it is true that the higher power results in faster cooking, there is a risk of burning and overcooking. Therefore, if you have an microwave convection oven with a high power use, you should set the cooking time properly.
General facts about microwave convection ovens that can explain why they are more beneficial than its conventional counterpart is.
In terms of the very first reason that makes a convection oven more appealing than a traditional, the built-in fan is credited. It is placed in the stove and used to maximize cooking process. You may wonder how. Here it is. Firstly, the microwave convection ovens are made with the aim of food being cooked evenly at a faster speed. Besides, the ovens can help save more energy than the traditional ones can.
1. Food is cooked evenly
This advantage results from the appearance of the built-in fan. While conventional ovens have particular positions that offer hotter temperatures and thus make the cooking process faster, the built-in fan of the convection oven circulates the hot air inside it. As a result, the temperature inside the oven maintains even throughout the process. It is also a plus for those who seek an oven to roast food.
2. Cooking process at a faster pace
It is proven that a microwave convection oven offers a cooking process 25% faster than its traditional counterpart thanks to the technology of hot air circulation.
3. Energy-efficient feature
As I have mentioned above, a convection oven can give users cooking process that is 25% faster than a traditional one. Therefore, not only does it help save you much on cooking food, it also enables you to use less energy than when you go for a conventional oven.
4. The downside of microwave convection ovens
There are some things you should be aware of before making a decision on buying a microwave convection oven, even the best one. To begin with, a convection oven is not a right choice for those who would like to bake. To be more specific, a convection oven is not produced to deal with foods that need delicate touch, for example, baking bread, cake and other kinds of pastries.
This is due to the fact that hot air circulation is believed to prevent the dough from rising properly, resulting in a flat and dense batch of cakes.
If possible, we recommend you go for a oven that have both convection and traditional qualities as this kind of oven can meet the basic requirements as well as work as a supportive device in your kitchen. You then can handle roasted chicken or bake tasty cupcakes with ease.
In addition, having a microwave convection oven means you can brown your food beautifully and make it crispy, a feature that you cannot find from a traditional oven.
Thanks to the built-in fan that makes the heat spread evenly inside the appliance and the electromagnetic radiation heating, you can cook any kinds of food ranging from baking to roasting with ease. That is why having the best microwave convection oven means you have a perfect kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions about Microwave Convection Ovens
1. Why should we choose a microwave convection oven?
Many people wonder why we should go for a convection oven instead of a conventional one. The secret lies in fans that are built in convection ovens. They circulate the hot air, making food cooked faster and more evenly. Those who would like to roast food or have crispy dishes should choose convection ovens.
2. What is wattage?
It is the total energy output that an oven can generate. Therefore, the higher the wattage is, the faster food is cooked. Ideally, a microwave convection oven should have energy use of 1000 Watts.
3. How to clean a microwave convection oven?
Cleaning electric households is always a concern to many people. However, it is not that hard if you know the tip. Here are the steps to clean the interior of the oven
+ Mix water (a cup) and vinegar (a tablespoon) into a microwave bowl and place it inside the oven.
+ Turn on the appliance and wait until the mixture evaporates
+ Turn off the appliance when the mixture starts boiling
+ Remove the bowl. Wait until the interior cools and then clean it with a paper towel.
Having a microwave convection oven is like having a great assistant in your kitchen as this appliance can meet all your cooking requirements. From roasting to baking, everything you ask for a proper meal can be made with this appliance. However, as there are far many brands in the market, it is important to learn about the ovens and how they work. After reading this article, we are sure that you can choose the oven that meets your needs.
View more on YOUTUBE VIDEO