- 1 Best Countertop Water Filters Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
- 2 Buying Guides – How To Choose The Best Countertop Water Filters?
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 What Is A Countertop Water Filter?
- 3.2 What Are The Advantages Of A Countertop Water Filter?
- 3.3 What Are The Disadvantages Of A Countertop Water Filter?
- 3.4 What Are The Benefits Of Using Countertop Water Filters?
- 3.5 Who Should Use The Countertop Water Filter System?
- 3.6 How Does A Countertop Water Filter Work?
- 3.7 Do Countertop Water Filters Work For All Kitchen Faucets?
- 3.8 How To Select A Countertop Water Filter?
- 3.9 How To Install A Countertop Water Filter?
- 3.10 How To Use The Countertop Water Filter System?
- 3.11 Can Bacteria Grow In My Countertop Water Filter?
- 3.12 Are There Countertop Water Filters That Remove Fluoride?
- 3.13 Will these filters work for large bottles?
- 3.14 Is There A Countertop Alkaline Water Filter?
- 3.15 Do Countertop Water Filters Trap Minerals Like Calcium And Magnesium?
- 3.16 Filter Pitchers Vs. Countertop Water Filters – What’S Better?
- 3.17 How Does A Countertop Filter Improve The Taste Of Tap Water?
- 3.18 What Common Contaminants Does A Countertop Water Filter Remove?
Best Countertop Water Filters Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
Buying Guides – How To Choose The Best Countertop Water Filters?
Type Of Countertop Water Filter
There’s a wide variety of countertop water filters and many will work exceptionally well with your needs because all you really need is something that can help it filter out the contaminants from the rest of the dirty water.
- Faucet Mounted Filters – This type comes in two separate parts, one that goes into your faucet then the other part will be placed on top of where you’ll fill up your container. You might want to consider this option if space is running low here at home as it occupies very little space around your kitchen sink area. It can even be used instantly instead of waiting for its filter cartridge to finish absorbing more impurities whenever you get thirsty after all! Just make sure that whatever brand you’ll get won’t cost you too much money because changing them can be quite expensive in the long run.
- Under Sink Units – As the name already suggests, this type of countertop water filter will be installed directly underneath your sink’s main water feed pipe which is always where the hot and cold water lines are connected to. You must also know that placing it there isn’t just for convenience though since it actually makes sense in placement as well since when placed here, it reduces noise levels by up to 50% less when compared with other types of countertop filters. This kind of unit might seem a little bit pricy at first but considering how much filtered water you can make from one single purchase, its price becomes understandable.
- Dual Filtration Systems – Yes, you guessed it right! This will have two separate filtration systems installed in one countertop unit itself so its priced a bit higher than the normal countertop water filter that only has one of these but for some people, this can be quite advantageous as they’ll always have two types of filters working at the same time to guarantee them with clean drinking water after every use. A lot of homeowners also like to pick up models like this because sometimes, not everything is needed or wanted in one single unit. By having both features combined here, you won’t need any additional device to make use out of filtered water.
Ability To Remove Water Contaminants
Choosing a countertop water filter with almost the same capability as your main household unit is a good idea. These counter water filters can remove up to over 95% of all harmful contaminants from tap water is very much possible when using this type, so this will be the most ideal choice for you. Productivity-wise, its filtration system can process more than one gallon of drinking water in just about an hour which means fewer refills while waiting for some fresh and clean water to be made available.
One of the first things you need to do before choosing a water filter is to test it out for yourself so you can see how well it performs its intended task. You might also want to check if it’s capable of removing contaminants that are harmful to your health as well. Does It Remove Fluoride? Does It Remove Lead?
This is another important factor to consider if you want to avoid any problems with health related issues over the long run. NSF Certification – You need to find models that can pass NSF’s C-8 standard so it’ll be guaranteed enough to remove chlorine, lead, organic chemicals and various other contaminants effectively. If your model doesn’t have this certificate then it might not be as effective as you think it would be so always check on some products first before making up your mind.
There are times when you’ll want to check on the pressure of your water so if it’s too high or too low, then you might not get the most out of using a countertop water filter. This is why it’s important to check this for yourself before placing an order online because different models might work better at specific water pressure levels than they do elsewhere in terms of performance.
Yes, you can also check on the taste of your water before using a countertop filter for it to make sure that you’ll live with it easily in the future. If it tastes bad, then you might want to pick up another model from a different brand instead because there are still a lot of these out in the market which doesn’t have this issue at all. We know what we’re saying here but please remember that picking up a great model that’s worth your money is very important in the end!
This is one of the most common considerations homeowners make before placing an order so it’s essential to check on this for yourself as well. Some models might only have a very limited water capacity of about 10, 20 or 30 gallons but there are also some that can hold up to 100 gallons of water inside its reservoir alone! It all depends on your specific needs and preferences though but if you’re a big family, then a high-capacity unit would be a better choice for you.
When looking for this type of water filter, it’s best if you know exactly how much space you have under your sink. Look into models with larger storage capacity but keep in mind that they might not fit underneath factory standard sinks unless you’re replacing an existing one. If you plan to use something at home then be sure to check the dimensions and see if the manufacturer includes additional accessories like adapters for easy installation.
This is another great feature that a lot of homeowners take into consideration before placing an order because it makes a huge difference in the long run. You might want to check on this for yourself so you’ll know if there are any problems with using the countertop water filter you have chosen or not after all. It’s always best to have both-faucet and built-in connection available but having only one of these isn’t bad as well!
You can also check on this for yourself so you’ll know if the product you want to purchase has this feature or not. You might be able to buy a countertop water filter that adds alkaline minerals back into your water which is actually very good for the health so it’s worth checking out!
This is another factor you should take into account because different materials are made from various types of plastic so some are known to be more durable than others in the long run. It’s best if you pick up an item that uses glass material for its reservoir instead but it depends on what type of performance you’re looking for. Plastic would work just fine anyway if that’s what meets your needs and requirements, though!
Of course, you’ll also want to know if the model you have chosen has this feature because it might be a huge improvement on its overall performance! You can add minerals back into your water with a countertop water filter so the added taste and smell of chlorine will be removed in no time. This is yet another great option that makes using these items easier than ever before.
Water Filtration Speed
It’s quite important to consider water filtration speed. Some models might take longer than others before filtering out contaminants so if you want one that would only take a few seconds, then it’s best to pick up something like that instead. You can compare different products if you’re curious about how long each of these filters actually takes, anyway!
A lot of homeowners also check on design for themselves as well because not all models are the same when it comes to design alone. Some have a modern look and others have a very classic one so you’ll just need to choose which type of model would suit your needs better before placing an order.
It all depends on your needs and preferences but most people wouldn’t even notice this one because these aren’t that big at all. However, bigger ones do exist so we just thought we should mention this for your reference when checking out different choices online.
You also need to check space requirements of a countertop water filter because some models might require additional space for it to work properly. It’s only normal that you would want a model that wouldn’t take up too much space in your bathroom, kitchen or laundry room so always make sure to count up the total amount of space you’ll be needing before checking out what’s available.
Desired Water Taste
Don’t forget to check on desired water taste because not all countertop water filters can deliver the same amount of taste in your drinking water. Some might make it perfectly clear and others might leave a bad aftertaste behind so if you don’t want any problems with this, then always choose a great model that can perform well at this task alone.
Ease Of Use
Make sure you also consider this for yourself before placing an order because not all models are the same in terms of ease of use alone. You want something that’s simple enough for anyone to pick up and use without any problems whatsoever so try checking out reviews about the product at hand, ask around your friends and family members who might have used it before or go online if you don’t know what to do with limited resources available.
It’s always best that you check on filtration ratings just to be sure of the model you’re planning on buying. Some manufacturers try to promote their products with inaccurate data so it’s important for consumers like yourself to investigate further about what they need before deciding if the product is worth buying or not! A lot of homeowners not only check on this but also perform their own water tests as well.
Another useful thing you might want to check before making any final decisions is on filtration longevity. It’s best that you get a product that can filter your water for at least six months on average before needing any type of replacements and you’ll also need to make sure it’s covered by warranty or some sort. Good warranties will cover almost everything so if the model is really worth buying, then expect great customer service as well!
Filter Maintenance Requirements
Of course, you’ll need to check on this as well for yourself so you’ll know what kind of maintenance your countertop water filter needs. You might have a difficult time using it if the model you want to purchase requires filters to be replaced once a year or multiple times per month but there are also excellent models out there that only require filter replacements every six months at the very most! These kinds of items can save up a lot of time and money in the long run so always keep that in mind before deciding on anything else!
Finally, it’s also a good idea to check on the cost as well as your budget. The last thing you want is to purchase a unit that costs well over what you think is reasonable and affordable so always keep that in mind before placing an order for any countertop water filter! You can find affordable models out there but they might not be able to meet all your requirements and needs alone, however. This means that you need to look around carefully and compare prices from different manufacturers so it’ll be easier for you to come up with a final decision. It doesn’t have to take too much time or effort for this at all so just remember these things when doing anything else!
What Is A Countertop Water Filter?
A countertop water filter is a type of home filtration system that attaches to your faucet. The filters are usually made out of different types of materials or have various features depending on the brand or model so it’s important to look into them before making any purchases.
What Are The Advantages Of A Countertop Water Filter?
- If anything, it’s fast and easy to make: This is probably the biggest advantage of this water filter over other types out there. It doesn’t need too much effort from you because all you have to do is assemble the pieces together then put them in a good location where it can work its magic for you. You don’t even have to get on your knees that often anymore just to satisfy your thirst!
- It has a decent lifespan: This thing can last up to 10 years depending on how well you take care of it and if the parts themselves aren’t worn out yet. Just keep in mind though that if its filters are already dirty, it still needs time before they can be replaced.
- It’s easy to maintain: You only need to refill the container with clean water every now and then in order for you to not run out of drinking water. This also gives you time to clean the container where the filtered water comes out of. The best part is that it has its own spout so when you finish refilling or cleaning it, all you have to do is find a brief moment where your hands are free so you can fit them through the openings of this filter and finally enjoy cool, fresh, clean drinking water straight out of nature!
- You don’t need electricity: Most types of these gravity-based water filters require power in order for you to use them but countertop ones don’t. Yes, this means you can literally take it anywhere you need to go so there’s no need for you to find a secure source of drinking water when you travel with a buddy or a loved one!
- You don’t have to worry about your stuff getting wet from the faucet: Unless they’re planning on using their countertop filter outdoors, most owners complain that their countertops get wet from regular filters because they require them to be near an open drain or sink hole just so they can start filtering out clean drinking water. Nowadays, you can plug these holes if necessary but unfortunately, not all kitchen sinks are equipped with them which is why it’d be best if you learned how to turn off your main water supply before using a countertop filter.
- No pressure needed: Most types of these filters require you to have enough water pressure from your main faucet but not this one. It works fine with low water pressure as long as there’s enough for it to start filtering out drinking water and it can also accommodate power if necessary because most under the counter filters do!
What Are The Disadvantages Of A Countertop Water Filter?
- Its components are hard to clean properly: We all know how hard it is to make sure every inch of our kitchen appliances are thoroughly cleaned so imagine how difficult these three pieces will be when they’re put together in order for them to work properly. But don’t worry, we’ll cover that a bit later on.
- It’s too tall to under-sink: Some people prefer this type of water filter because it doesn’t take up that much space and it is definitely great for whoever has a small kitchen or a small sink/drain area inside their homes. Unfortunately, these filters still need enough room in order for them to work properly so if your countertop is just too small, then you should consider getting other types instead.
- They’re not good for camping trips: These things are really heavy so they won’t do well at all if you plan on taking them out when you go hiking with your family or friends during the summer season! But hey, there are other types of water filters out there that you can use to your advantage while outdoors so just keep looking and studying the characteristics of one until you find the perfect one for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Countertop Water Filters?
- They’re very efficient: Most family-sized countertop water filters are composed of three individual pieces so it’s only logical for us to assume that these things must be pretty hard to clean. But don’t worry about that any longer! Just follow our easy cleaning instructions and you’ll soon find out how easy it is to maintain this filter. Plus, since there are no complex parts inside this filter, they have little chance of breaking down whenever they start filtering dirty water which means you can use them for a few years if not more without experiencing any trouble at all!
- They’re safer than most plastic bottles: Believe it or not, bottled water still has traces of bacteria even after being pre-treated so if you’re looking for a secure source of drinking water, then there’s no better way to do it than by using our countertop water filters. After all, they’re tested and proven reliable so better make use of them now before any unwelcome disasters come your way!
- They help conserve the environment: It would be pretty stupid if we never took advantage of what nature has given us because, in turn, it’d affect the world in huge ways throughout time. The best thing about these filters is that they can help save plastic bottles from being thrown away or wasted since people are able to reuse them when they get their hands on one! Plus, when you filter dirty water correctly at home through this amazing product, then expect fewer chemicals, dyes, and other things you don’t want to be introduced into your system!
Who Should Use The Countertop Water Filter System?
- Those who are always on the go: These filters are always available for use whenever you need them which means that even if you’re traveling or vacationing, you won’t have to worry about your family not having access to clean water anymore! Plus, traveling can be pretty tiring so it’s best to drink as much water as possible every day because it’ll keep your body hydrated and refreshed. So give these filters a try next time you go out of town!
- Families with kids under ten years old: If there’s one thing worse than living without clean drinking water inside your home, then it would probably be living with dirty water, especially if you have children in the house. There aren’t many things that can cause a person more sickness and discomfort than drinking dirty water all the time which means you should definitely go for a countertop filter right now since kids are always prone to accidents.
- Those who want to enjoy cleaner tasting water: We aren’t saying that you’ll be able to drink as much plain water as you want after buying one of these filters, but there’s no doubt about it…you will be able to notice a huge difference in your everyday life! After all, some tap waters contain traces of rust, chlorine, and other chemicals so if you don’t like those tastes inside your mouth, then make sure to use this product because not only will it taste better but it’ll also give you the ability to drink as much water as you want every day!
- Anyone who wants to save money: A countertop filter is a lot more affordable than getting bottled water from the store so if you’re really conscious about your budget, then there’s no better way for you to secure clean drinking water than by using one of these filters! Plus, they won’t ever run out so don’t worry about having to place an order whenever you need it.
How Does A Countertop Water Filter Work?
It’s pretty simple actually: All countertop water filters come with two parts which basically just means that they’re composed of an outer and inner part. The dirty outside part gets thrown away and the clean inner part is put in the fridge when you’re done using it with further instructions on how to clean them. Once that’s done, then it’s time for you to fill up your glass or bottle with water and drink it wherever you need to go!
Do Countertop Water Filters Work For All Kitchen Faucets?
Yes, they do. They’re compatible with all kitchen faucets: It doesn’t matter if your sink is old or new, these filters will definitely work for you! After all, they were designed to fit on any type of standard kitchen faucet so if you live in a house and don’t want to do anything extra to install them, then the countertop water filter system won’t be a problem at all.
How To Select A Countertop Water Filter?
- You should go for one that’s NSF certified: There are plenty of products like this on the market today but only a few could be called reliable, high quality filters. That’s why you always need to make sure that your product is able to pass the test at least once before you could trust it with your family’s health!
- Opt for one made out of durable materials like glass or stainless steel: It doesn’t matter how many features and benefits your preferred countertop water filter has if it isn’t made out of strong materials because then there would be no point in buying it anyway! After all, if these things break down, then they won’t work properly so don’t take any with you that aren’t built to last.
- Take note of how easy it is to maintain: You wouldn’t want a filter that requires a lot of work to take care of so always check out the product beforehand by reading some reviews first! This way, you’ll know what size and material your preferred filter have as well as whether or not it’s effective in getting rid of different kinds of bacteria from the water before making your final decision!
How To Install A Countertop Water Filter?
The good thing about this is that the process only differs from one product to another, but all of these involve a few common steps that you must follow in order for it to work properly.
– Connect the filter with the water supply: The first step involves connecting your preferred water filter to the main water supply located under or near your sink. You can do this by placing its hose inside the pipe and attaching them together with the use of clips so if you don’t think you could do this by yourself, then rely on a professional plumber!
– Turn on both faucets: Once everything is connected properly, turn on both hot and cold faucets at their highest level for around 5 minutes. This will clear out existing debris in pipes before starting the filtering process.
– Start filtering: You could now turn off both faucets and start using your countertop water filter! The liquid coming out from the cold faucet should be your preferred drinking water while you can use hot water for other purposes like brushing your teeth, cooking, and giving to pets.
How To Use The Countertop Water Filter System?
Insert the filter into the housing: After choosing one of these filters for your home, just make sure to carefully read through its manual first before trying to connect it properly with the hose. After all, there might be a chance that you’d have to place it under the sink or beside the faucet so don’t forget about that!
Attach the water supply hose: Every product will have different design features but once you connect your preferred filter properly with the water supply, then it’s ready for use.
Start filtering your drinking water: After doing all of these steps, consider yourself lucky because now you can finally enjoy clean and safe drinking water every day without having to buy a lot of bottled beverages since this is an eco-friendly home improvement investment! You’ll be able to notice a huge difference in taste as well as smell which means there are plenty of ways this could help you stay refreshed during long periods inside your home or office.
Can Bacteria Grow In My Countertop Water Filter?
After talking about the benefits of using these filters for your home, you might be wondering if bacteria could still grow inside them because this is one thing that people are concerned about nowadays. You’ll be glad to know that this isn’t something you need to worry about since most countertop water filters are designed in a way where it can filter out harmful substances like bacteria through several stages which means they won’t be able to multiply and form colonies. However, there would always be some cases where growth may occur depending on how much water has already passed through its system so to avoid this from happening again, consider servicing your unit once every couple of months by following the manual found inside its packaging!
Are There Countertop Water Filters That Remove Fluoride?
After talking about the one that removes chlorine and other contaminants, we thought we’d end this article by focusing on some of the most popular models that can get rid of fluoride besides the Countertop Drinking Water Filter (CB1-1000):
Faucet mount: This is a great filter for anyone who wants to remove fluoride from their drinking water because it’s an under sink system which means it could eliminate up to 99.3% of all contaminants through its three stages of filtration! It’s also very easy to install and maintain so if you’re looking for something more advanced than your current tap mounted filters, then give this a try!
Doulton under sink: If you want a high quality water filter that gets rid of fluoride along with other contaminants, you can always rely on this model by Doulton since it’s one of the best in the market right now! It costs a little bit more than most filters, but it does come with an impressive track record for its superior filtration capabilities which is why many people are still using these until today.
Aquagard: If you need something extremely effective in removing Fluoride, then this countertop water filter by Aquagard would definitely be your top choice. This unit is designed to give out high quality water that comes from your tap while also getting rid of 98.9% of all harmful chemicals found inside so if you want to take things up a notch when it comes to fluoride removal.
Will these filters work for large bottles?
That’s a great question since not all countertop filters are created equal in terms of size. If your average water bottles measure 24 ounces or more, then make sure you choose one that comes with an adapter since some don’t come with adapters which means they may break pretty easily!
Is There A Countertop Alkaline Water Filter?
There are quite a few brands that sell countertop alkaline water filters nowadays, but if you’re looking for one that would be able to raise the pH level of your water by 7 or 8 points then you should try out the Alkaline 9 Countertop Water Filter! It’s also very easy to install and service which is great in case something goes wrong with it.
And if you’d like to take things up a notch, this filter could create alkaline water right after passing through its system since it uses ceramics which produces OH- ions when combined with H2O. This means that even if there are contaminants inside your tap water, they’ll get dissolved into the liquid instead of being left on top which can be easily removed after getting filtered by this unit!
Do Countertop Water Filters Trap Minerals Like Calcium And Magnesium?
Just like any other water filter, countertop water filter models are also designed to trap minerals found in the liquid. However, these units are equipped with an ion exchanger that reduces the levels of calcium and magnesium found inside your drinking water which is why some users said they’re effective when it comes to eliminating heartburn. This characteristic would also be beneficial for people who have problems related to kidney stones or arthritis since this can prevent them from getting worse!
Filter Pitchers Vs. Countertop Water Filters – What’S Better?
If you’re still on the fence about which model to get for your home, we would like to emphasize some of their pros and cons:
– Can be carried around while bringing along the pitcher itself.
– Not expensive.
– Great if you just want pure water without any contaminants.
– Only meant for small households.
– Requires regular maintenance such as washing.
Countertop Water Filters:
– Could give out larger amounts of water at a time than filter pitchers can.
– You don’t need to worry about changing or replacing cartridges.
– Most models do not require much space.
– Easy to use and install.
– Some models are quite costly when compared with filter pitchers since most countertop filters aren’t really portable and require a larger investment on your part.
– May not be as effective as some people think.
However, we believe the bottom line is that you should really consider getting a countertop water filters model if you want to remove fluoride since most models available in the market are quite expensive compared with other water filter pitchers! It’s also easy to install which makes it possible for anyone to use even without professional help so make sure to check them out today!
How Does A Countertop Filter Improve The Taste Of Tap Water?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, these units are made mainly to improve the taste of the water by reducing the amount of minerals and sediments that go into your beverage. If you’re used to drinking bottled water every day, getting a countertop model might be a good way for you to get more benefits from tap water since it could significantly enhance its flavor! Many people said they noticed a huge difference when using this type of filter so if you think bottled water is better than what comes out of your own faucet, then try one today and see what we mean!
What Common Contaminants Does A Countertop Water Filter Remove?
Countertop filters in the current market are designed to remove different types of contaminants such as:
– Methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE)
– Polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
As we’ve mentioned earlier, some units may also trap other minerals that often cause heartburn and other medical conditions so this is yet another reason why you should consider getting one for your home! However, please note that the effectiveness will vary from one unit to the next since not all countertop models can filter these harmful chemicals so always try to do your homework first before making a purchase.